Limerick garda shot in botched mugging

first_imgVanishing Ireland podcast documenting interviews with people over 70’s, looking for volunteers to share their stories Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Previous articlePictures – Castletroy College defeat Glenstal in Munster Senior CupNext articleBest selling author runs script course John Keoghhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Limerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Print NewsBreaking newsLimerick garda shot in botched muggingBy John Keogh – January 28, 2015 1134 Email RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHORcenter_img Advertisement WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Linkedin WhatsApp TAGSfeaturedGardaGarda Brian HanrahanlimerickNew OrleansNewcastle West A file pic of Garda Brian Hanrahan, based at Newcastlewest Garda station, who was shot while on holidays in New Orleans, USA.Picture Credit Brian Gavin Press 22A file pic of Garda Brian Hanrahan, based at Newcastlewest Garda station, who was shot while on holidays in New Orleans, USA.Picture Credit Brian Gavin Press 22A YOUNG garda, who is stationed in Newcastle West, remains in a serious condition after being shot twice in an attempted mugging on Tuesday while on holiday in New Orleans.It is believed that Garda Brian Hanrahan was shot once in the legs, but that the second shot caused internal injuries to his torso.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up However, his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening and he is expected to make a full recovery.Garda Hanrahan, who is in his late 20s, is a native of Co Tipperary, but currently lives in Newcastle West and has been based there for some years.The young Garda is said to have recently married a local woman, and the couple have a one-year-old baby girl.He was previously stationed at Henry Street in Limerick city.Garda Hanrahan was on a week-long holiday travelling Route 66 in the USA with his father, and was due to return to work in early February. Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

Summer Programme for Royal Saudi Navy

first_imgThe Commandant of the King Fahd Academy in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has visited HMS Raleigh where some of his students are undergoing a summer training programme.Rear Admiral Khalid Al Saeed met with the Service and civilian staff responsible for the delivery of the eight-week programme, which began in May.He was also able to watch his students being put through their paces during an assault course run and team building session. The summer programme is being delivered under a contract with International Defence Training (IDT) Royal Navy in collaboration with Babcock Flagship.While the main focus of the programme has been English Language the 72 Officer Cadets have also been given the chance to improve their teamwork and leadership skills by undertaking elements of the Royal Navy’s initial naval training course.They have completed three military exercises in the local area and have also had lessons on seamanship techniques and fitness training.This is the sixth year the summer school has taken place at HMS Raleigh. Commander Scott Sellars, IDT Royal Navy, said:“This programme is an integral part of the training relationship between the Royal Navy and Royal Saudi Navy.“It is seen as a reward for the top performing Saudi cadets at the end of the first year of their three-year officer training programme.”During his time in the UK, Rear Admiral Al Saeed also visited Britannia Royal Naval College (BRNC) in Dartmouth.Saudi Arabia is one of the countries that regularly send Cadets to the world-renowned College to train alongside their Royal Navy counterparts.[mappress]Press Release, June 18, 2013; Image: Royal Navy Back to overview,Home naval-today Summer Programme for Royal Saudi Navy View post tag: Defence View post tag: Royal June 18, 2013 View post tag: Naval View post tag: Navy Training & Education View post tag: News by topic Share this article View post tag: Saudi Summer Programme for Royal Saudi Navy View post tag: Defense View post tag: Summer View post tag: programmelast_img read more

Nissan formally closes Indonesian factory

first_imgAutomaker Nissan Motor Indonesia (NMI) announced the official closure of its factory in Indonesia as its Japanese parent company disclosed a restructuring plan to improve its finances.Japan’s Nissan Motor Co. stated on Thursday that the company was taking robust action to improve efficiency, which included the closure of its manufacturing facility in Indonesia. It also closed its Barcelona plant, the Spanish government confirmed. The decision to stop its operations in Purwakarta was part of the company’s optimization plan, which includes “rightsizing” and reorganizing its business operations, NMI president director Isao Sekiguchi said in a statement earlier in March, as quoted by Tempo.co.NMI had opened its Purwakarta factory, which assembles several models, including the Nissan March, X-Trail and Serena, in 2014. It also produced models for the Datsun brand, namely Datsun Go Panca and Datsun GO+ Panca.Car sales in Indonesia nosedived in April by more than 90 percent year-on-year (yoy) to 7,871 units, according to data compiled by diversified conglomerate PT Astra International, as the economic impact of COVID-19 affects vehicle demand.The Association of Indonesian Automotive Manufacturers (Gaikindo) cut its domestic car sales target this year by 40 percent to just 600,000 units and its car export target to 175,000 units from the initial target of around 350,000 and 400,000, the association’s chairman Yohannes Nangoi has said.Topics : NMI’s spokesperson Hana Maharani said Nissan Motor Co.’s announcement formalizes the closure of NMI’s factory in Purwakarta, West Java, which had stopped activities in March.“We have stopped our production line back in March. Therefore, the next step taken is to close the facility,” she said in a text message to The Jakarta Post on Thursday, adding that the announcement only served as a “formality.”As Japan’s Nissan factory in Indonesia is facing closure, the company is concentrating on its plant in Thailand as the single production base in ASEAN, its statement reads.Nissan Motor Co. said in April that it expected an annual operating loss of up to 45 billion yen (US$417 million), its worst performance since the 2008-2009 financial crisis.last_img read more