Walter Sabatini has returned to his role at Sampdoria after being rushed to hospital in September with breathing problemsThe 63-year-old sustained some very serious respiratory problems, due to being a regular smoker, and was rushed into hospital in September.But Sabatini is now fully recovered and ready to get back into his role as director of football at Sampdoria after suspending his “relationship with cigarettes”.“The doctors have won, so, for now, I’ve suspended my relationship with cigarettes,” Sabatini told Il Secolo XIX.“I’m fine and the worst is behind me. I can’t express myself fully, but I feel good and I’m happy to be back.Sacchi explains Sarri, Conte, and Ancelotti Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Arrigo Sacchi talked about how Sarri has a tougher time at Juventus than Conte at Inter; while Ancelotti’s “blood is boiling” at Napoli.Arrigo Sacchi…“It’s been a tough few months for me, both in the hospital and at home, and I certainly missed working on the field.“For now don’t ask me about the transfer market. We’ll have the chance to talk about it in the next few days.”Sabatini formerly played as a midfielder during his playing days for the likes of Perugia, AS Roma and Parma.Meanwhile, Sampdoria will return to action from the winter break this Saturday against AC Milan in a Coppa Italia last-16 match.
This illustration shows the ExoMars rover on Mars. ESA Next year was shaping up to be a big one for Mars rovers. NASA is aiming to launch its Mars 2020 rover and the European Space Agency is also planning to send off its own ExoMars rover. But the ESA’s schedule might be in jeopardy after a series of parachute testing failures. ESA shared the news Monday of an “unsuccessful high-altitude drop test.” The rover, named Rosalind Franklin for the DNA pioneer, is meant to be gently lowered down to Mars with the help of two main parachutes attached to a descent module. Enlarge ImageThis graphic shows the parachute deployment sequence for ExoMars. ESA Those two parachutes each have a smaller pilot chute that helps deploy the bigger chutes, one of which would be the largest ever flown on a Mars mission with a diameter of 115 feet (35 meters). That parachute passed a low-altitude drop test in 2018, but a high-altitude drop test for all four parachutes in May didn’t work out as planned.The deployment mechanisms worked properly for the May test, but the main parachute canopies were damaged in the process, ESA said. The space agency tweaked the parachute design and tried again last week, but once again the parachute canopy suffered damage. The test module descended from a high-altitude helium balloon down to Earth with just the drag of a small pilot chute to slow it down.ExoMars team leader Francois Soto described the test failure as “disappointing.” Mars parachute experts from ESA and NASA will help troubleshoot the issue. Dying space missions remembered in inspiring final images ESA Mars rover named after Rosalind Franklin, brilliant DNA pioneer Scientists finally know where they’re sending the new Mars Rover Share your voice Post a comment Rover fever 14 Photos 0 Mars rovers Space Sci-Tech Space missions are notorious for delays and ESA will need to sort out the parachutes very quickly if it hopes to stay on track to launch the rover in mid-2020. ESA is already planning a new main parachute test before the end of the year. ExoMars is a joint effort between ESA and Roscosmos. The rover is designed to drill into Mars and analyze the soil in search of evidence of life on the dusty planet.The rover itself is on track for completion soon, but the landing systems will need to work flawlessly before they’re given the green light to go all the way to the red planet. Tags
Most of the web sites out there seem stumped as to how these guys pulled off this little trick. Fortunately, the researchers explain it in detail. And even more fortunately, it’s not that hard to understand.First a thin sapphire wafer is created. It is then coated with a very thin ceramic layer of yttrium barium copper oxide which becomes a superconductor (materials that conduct electricity with no loss of energy) at very cold temperatures. The result is a frozen disc. When it is placed over a magnet, the superconductor material and magnet repel one another due to the Meissner effect (the expulsion of the magnetic field from a material when it goes into a superconducting state). But, because the layer of superconducting material is so thin, some of the magnetic force is allowed through at certain particularly weak points. These paths through are called flux tubes, and they are the real secret to the whole trick. Because there are many of them they cause a three dimensional holding or locking effect, which is what viewers see when watching the video.Upon viewing the video, a lot of commentators refer to the scene in Back to the Future 2 when Mary McFly rides a hoverboard for a few minutes. Unfortunately, the science demonstrated in this latest video holds no hope for that; not unless someone figures out how to keep such boards frozen indefinitely (and embeds magnets everywhere) or better yet, figures out a way to make a superconductor that works at room temperature. This is nothing new of course, everyone’s seen it in science class. What is new is that when the demonstrator turns the disc, it stays hovered at that angle. This is in contrast to the wobbling we’re used to in such demonstrations. Next, the disc is set over a different surface where it is made to spin. But that’s only the beginning. The disc is then set on a track where it zips around in midair. And again, it can be made to do so at whatever angle is desired. Then, the track is turned upside down and the disc hovers below it, again zipping around. © 2011 PhysOrg.com Explore further Superconducting magnet generates world’s highest magnetic field at 24T (PhysOrg.com) — A video created by researchers at Tel Aviv University in Israel has the Internet buzzing. Though rather simple, it just looks really cool, hence all the attention. It’s a demonstration of quantum locking, though to non-science buffs, it looks more like science fiction come to life. In the video a disc, obviously frozen due to the vapor rising from its surface hovers over a surface. Citation: Quantum levitating (locking) video goes viral (2011, October 19) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2011-10-quantum-levitating-video-viral.html This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.
“Research suggests that fake news spreads faster and deeper than the truth, so combatting disinformation after the fact can be like fighting a losing battle,” said Sander van der Linden, the CDSMLab’s director. Read the whole story: The New York Times Results from the study of 15,000 users of the “Bad News” game, launched last year by the university’s Cambridge Social Decision-Making Lab (CDSMLab), showed it was possible to train the public to be better at spotting propaganda. An online game that allows people to deploy Twitter bots, photo-shop evidence and incite conspiracy theories has proven effective at raising their awareness of “fake news”, a study from the University of Cambridge has found.
New Delhi: As the national capital continued to be engulfed in toxic air for the fourth day in a row on Friday, the organisers of the Delhi Food Truck Festival (DFTF) have decided to push it to next month. The two-day food extravaganza was scheduled to be held on Saturday and Sunday at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.”Delhites, wait for a while for the fun to begin at the second edition of Delhi Food Truck Festival. We care for you. We really regret the inconvenience caused,” said a statement issued on behalf of DFTF’s organising committee. The festival will be rescheduled to December, and the venue will remain the same. Singer KK, band Euphoria and DJ Anish Sood were some of the key performers at the gala, which was to offer a range of cuisines to patrons via around 40 food truck brands, over 30 food and beverage stalls and a mega bar.
TVN’s chief financial officer John Driscoll has resigned his position. Driscoll, who is also quitting as vice-president of the TVN management board, will continue with the company in an advisory capacity for a specified period of time.Piotr Korycki, member of the TVN management board in charge of business controlling, has been appointed as vice-president of the management board and will assume responsibility for the majority of these corporate functions that previously reported to Driscoll.Markus Tellenbach, president of the TVN management board and CEO, said: “John has played a key role in the operating and financial management of TVN since 2010, culminating in the acquisition of TVN by Scripps Networks Interactive and the transition of TVN from a public company to a privately held company, and on behalf of TVN I would like to thank him for his loyalty and all his outstanding contributions to the group.”Driscoll said: “I am grateful for having had the opportunity to work with Markus Tellenbach and the TVN management board during the last five years, and to have contributed to the management and development of the group during this period. With the change of ownership to Scripps, and the taking private of TVN, it was the right time to move on and explore other potential future opportunities. I wish the management board and the employees of TVN good fortune and best wishes for the future.”
DERRY’S reputation for hosting unrivalled Halloween celebrations continues after it received the Best International Event Experience title at the 2019 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards at the Palace Demesne in Armagh.The Festival was also highly commended in the Best Digital Marketing Campaign section in the awards that seek to recognise and reward outstanding performers in the tourism industry from across the country over the last twelve months.The award was accepted on behalf of the Festival and Events Team at Derry City and Strabane District Council by team members Elizabeth Cunningham and Aisling McCallion. Mayor of Derry City and Strabane District Council, Councillor Michaela Boyle, praised everyone involved in securing the title.“Congratulations to the Festival and Events team at Council and all the community and statutory bodies who work so well together in hosting a world class Halloween celebration in Derry and Strabane each year,” she said.“The festival plays a key role in showcasing our region to an international audience, attracting tourists from all over the world and fuelling our local economy with an unrivalled programme that includes arts, music, food and family friendly entertainment.“I am delighted that the festival’s unique offering has been recognised with the Best International Experience title and I am looking forward to the 2019 celebrations already.” Aisling McCallionBest International Event Experience titleBISHOP’S GATE HOTELDerryDerry and Strabane CouncilElizabeth CunninghamFestival and EventsMayor Michaela BrownSpooktacular!! Derry Halloween scoops prestigious NI Tourism Award Derry Halloween faced stiff competition of the coveted International Experience title from the Giants Causeway Visitor Experience and the Leaders of Excellence attraction at Odyssey International.Bishop’s Gate Hotel winning the title of NI’s Best Hotel Stay.Derry was also a winner in the coveted ‘Best Stay’ accommodation category, with the Bishop’s Gate Hotel earning the title of NI’s Best Hotel Stay. Head of Culture at Derry City and Strabane District Council, Aeidin McCarter, said last year’s celebrations were the biggest to date.“The 2018 ‘Return of the Ancients’ Festival was the most ambitious celebrations the city has hosted yet with a nine day programme that featured over 100 events across 40 venues.“Months of planning goes into the festival each year but the response of the public and the tens of thousands of people who pack the city centre each night make all the work worthwhile.“On behalf of the wider team in Council I would like to thank all our statutory and community partners who helped deliver the award winning celebrations and we are looking forward to delivering an unforgettable 2019 celebration that will break new ground.”Updates on the 2019 Derry Halloween celebrations will be posted on www.derryhalloween.com where information about travel and accommodation is available.Spooktacular!! Derry Halloween scoops prestigious NI Tourism Award was last modified: June 6th, 2019 by John2John2 Tags: ShareTweet