Being left out motivated me to work hard – Mallik Wilks

first_imgLoan striker Mallik Wilks says that being left out gave him the motivation he needed to work as hard as he should.The 19-year-old added that it was a lesson to him, as one should never get too comfortable, or risk losing one’s spot to another. Wilks also made a scoring return to the starting line-up in the 3-3 draw with Gillingham after he was laid back at Rochdale.“I was buzzing to get on the score sheet because I got left out of the team last week so I had to prove a point,” said the Leeds United frontman via The Star.“I had to work hard in training and play well when I came on at Rochdale, and that’s what I did.“It taught me that I cannot get too comfortable. There’s always someone fighting for your spot, which is a good thing for this team.“My performances had dropped. I was careless on the ball,” he added.Solskjaer reveals he plans to build his team around Pogba Manuel R. Medina – July 17, 2019 The Manchester United manager wants to end the speculation that the Frenchman is leaving the Red Devils.“When I saw Alfie May score two goals [against Grimsby] I thought this is a bit scary! He’s been training well to so he deserved it.”“It was disappointing to go 2-0 down and I thought it was going to be a repeat of Fleetwood but the good thing was that none of us panicked,” he said.“We played good football and we should’ve got all three points.“We’re annoyed with the sloppy goals we’ve given away and the fact we had so many shots and only scored three.” He added:“It’s a good learning curve for us, fighting all the way to the end and showing good team spirit.”last_img read more

Executive Shakeup at Condé Nast

first_imgNew duties for Anna Wintour, editor of Vogue and artistic director for Condé Nast, weren’t spelled out as clearly, but Townsend commented she’ll “ensure that our content and culture remain at the forefront of our industry.”Wallace leaves the company after a lengthy tenure. He’d served as editorial director since 2005 and as editor-in-chief of Condé Nast Traveler for the 16 years prior. Bellando had been with the company for 15 years. Read the full memo below.Dear Colleagues,With good reason, Condé Nast has earned a reputation for being the very best. We have the most influential brands in media, the most sought-after audience base and the most talented employees in the business. It is with this commitment to excellence that I am pleased to share a number of strategic leadership changes we are making as part of a succession plan we started early this year.Bob Sauerberg will assume a leading role in all revenue generation activities, including taking direct responsibility for the Condé Nast Media Group, as well as brand revenue growth. This expands his areas of responsibility beyond the management of digital, technology, consumer marketing, business development, corporate administration and Condé Nast Entertainment. Lou Cona, chief revenue officer and president of CNMG, will now report to Bob.John Bellando has decided to leave the company following fifteen years of extraordinary service. John has been a respected and trusted business partner for many years and I’m grateful that he has agreed to work with us in an advisory capacity through the end of the year.David Geithner will be joining Condé Nast as CFO starting August 17. David comes to us from Time Inc., where, over the course of a highly successful 20+ year career, he led senior financial functions and served as EVP and president of the Entertainment Group. He will report to Bob, who will be sharing more about David in the coming weeks.I also want to share that Tom Wallace is departing after a distinguished career with the company. He leaves behind a legacy of editorial excellence that has been the cornerstone of our success.Anna Wintour, who last year was named the company’s artistic director, will ensure that our content and culture remain at the forefront of our industry. Bob and I will rely on her for her insights and guidance as we build the team that will lead us into the future.Bob will be making other key announcements shortly about our business direction and strategy going forward. As many of you know, Bob and I have worked side by side as CEO and president to ensure we prepare the company to reach new heights. Today’s announcement begins this seamless transition and gives me more confidence than ever that our best years are yet to come. Condé Nast’s COO and CFO, John Bellando, and editorial director, Thomas Wallace, are leaving the company, according to an internal memo from CEO Chuck Townsend released this morning.Bob Sauerberg, president of Condé Nast, is taking over “all revenue generating activities,” while David Geithner—formerly executive vice president of Time Inc.’s style and entertainment group; he was let go in February as one of several executive casualties ahead of the company’s spinoff—is being brought on as the new CFO.See also: Condé Nast Goes Big on Videolast_img read more

Leaked photos show new OnePlus 7 Pro phone has Samsunglike edge screen

first_img News • Pixel 3 vs. OnePlus 6T: Which Android should you buy? Review • OnePlus 6T review: A hero phone without the sky-high price 2:48 Since the company launched its first OnePlus One in 2014, OnePlus has garnered a reputation for making phones with premium specs at a wallet-friendly price. For the past few years, OnePlus has launched two flagships a year; the phones offer reliable, high-end experiences for hundreds of dollars less than iPhones and Galaxy S devices. Editors’ Note, May 14, 2019: CNET’s OnePlus 7 Pro review​ is here. Read more about the new phone from OnePlus.   If these photos are accurate, though, that could mean the 5G phone has no front-facing camera on the front of the display, thin bezels and a 6.7-inch screen that curves on the left and right edges. The device could also have a Snapdragon 855 processor, 8GB of RAM and a triple rear camera setup with a 48-, 16- and 8-megapixel camera. CNET may get a commission from retail offers. In addition to launching the OnePlus 7, expected sometime in the spring, the company will release a separate 5G phone slated for May. It’s unclear which of these phones these photos depict, but given that the device name listed is “OnePlus 7 Pro,” this could be OnePlus’ 5G phone. However, because these popped up on unofficial channels and OnePlus declined to comment on them, it’s best to remain skeptical. See it Share your voice 14 Photos OnePlus 6T shrinks the notch for added screen Supposed images of an upcoming OnePlus phone were leaked yesterday on the Chinese social networking site Weibo. The account that posted it, which goes by the username IT Station, uploaded two photos: one that included the phone’s edge, which resembles the edges seen on high-end Samsung phones, and another that listed key hardware specs.center_img Mentioned Above OnePlus 6T (Midnight Black 128GB) IT Station OnePlus 6T’s in-screen fingerprint reader looks to the… OnePlus 6T Phones 2 Tags Comments Now playing: Watch this: $453 Rumors OnePluslast_img read more

Who Needs Drones When Amazon Could 3D Print Your Goods From a

first_img Free Webinar | Sept. 9: The Entrepreneur’s Playbook for Going Global February 27, 2015 Register Now » 3 min readcenter_img Growing a business sometimes requires thinking outside the box. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos once predicted that the 3-D printing revolution wouldn’t take off any time soon, only “far, far in the future.” He also said that “you can’t build interesting objects” with 3-D printers. That was two years ago. Today, in a world where we can 3-D print everything from replacement windpipes to entire houses, it looks like he’s changed his mind.3Dprint.com broke the news this week that Amazon recently filed several patent applications for mobile 3-D printing delivery trucks. The filing hints at a future in which the world’s largest e-tailer quickly prints products on-demand, yes, from a van parked somewhere in the vicinity of the purchaser’s home or office. Suddenly, 30-minute drone delivery doesn’t seem so cool.  Image credit: AmazonRelated: From Eye Shadow to Entire Houses: 7 of the Craziest 3-D Printed Creations YetThe benefits of adopting an innovative “mobile manufacturing hubs” network would be mainly two-fold for Amazon, as laid out in the patent filing. The proposed system would “decrease the amount of warehouse or inventory storage space needed” and “reduce the amount of time consumed between receiving an order and delivering the item to the customer…” It would also presumably save the Seattle-based company a considerable amount of time and money on several fronts.The filing marks Amazon’s latest stab at speeding up the shipping process. In 2014, the ecommerce giant won patent approval for “anticipatory delivery,” a scheme that would allow it to funnel items to shipping centers based on shoppers’ earlier purchases and searches. Basically, as pointed out in the Wall Street Journal yesterday, “Amazon thinks it knows customers so well it can guess what they’ll need before the customers themselves do.”Related: Industry Lobbyists Take Aim at Proposed FAA Drone RulesIn late 2013, Bezos revealed Amazon Prime Air, an ambitious GPS-guided future delivery drone system designed to ferry packages weighing up to 5 pounds and travel within a 10-mile radius. Now that the FAA’s new proposed drone rules threaten to ground Amazon’s drone delivery dreams, perhaps curbside 3-D product printing will have to do, that is if it even becomes a reality. Remember, a patent filing does not a product or service make.Related: Look Ma, No Hands: Drones You Can Fly With Your Mindlast_img read more