STUDENT SPOTLIGHT Wilmingtons Joshua Buske Named To Deans List At University Of Hartford

first_imgWEST HARTFORD, CT — The University of Hartford is pleased to announce Joshua Buske, of Wilmington, has been named to its Dean’s List for Fall 2018.Spread across seven dynamic schools and colleges, the University of Hartford has been guiding the purpose and passion of students for over six decades. On our 350-acre campus alongside Connecticut’s capital city, approximately 5,000 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students from 48 states and 46 countries come together for a common purpose: to collaborate across different disciplines, diversify perspectives, and broaden worldviews. We’re a four-year private university focused on advancing the public good through meaningful connections within our communities. Our unique approach to comprehensive education gives us the critical perspectives that lead to impactful change, regionally and beyond. With degree programs spanning the arts, humanities, business, engineering and technology, education, and health professions, we focus on doing the work that matters.(NOTE: The above announcement is from the University of Hartford via Merit.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedSTUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Wilmington’s Joshua Buske Named To Dean’s List At University Of HartfordIn “Education”STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Wilmington’s Joshua Buske Named To Dean’s List At University of HartfordIn “Education”STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Wilmington’s Joshua Buske Named To Dean’s List At University Of HartfordIn “Education”last_img read more

ATT and CBS end blackout restore service

first_img 6 Comments AT&T CBS DirecTV Share your voice CBS and AT&T’s contract dispute affected subscribers of DirecTV Now and other services. Getty Images CBS channels will be restored Thursday for AT&T’s DirecTV, DirecTV Now and other pay-TV customers, after the two companies reached a deal and ended a nearly three-week blackout.CBS and AT&T said Thursday that their multi-year deal will cover the CBS-owned stations of its namesake broadcast channel, the CBS Sports Network and the Smithsonian Channel across DirecTV, DirecTV Now and U-verse, as well as the upcoming TV platforms that AT&T hopes to launch. (Editors’ note: CNET is owned by CBS.)AT&T aims to launch a Netflix-like streaming service called HBO Max in spring 2020, but that isn’t expected to carry live channels. The blackout hit AT&T pay-TV customers in 17 cities — New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, Detroit, Minneapolis, Miami, Denver, Sacramento, Pittsburgh and Baltimore — as well as more than 100 CBS stations and affiliates on DirecTV Now. It stemmed from a dispute over the rates that AT&T pays CBS to carry the channels, after the companies’ 2012 agreement expired last month. In a brief joint statement, the companies didn’t disclose financial terms.”CBS and AT&T regret any inconvenience to their customers and viewers and thank them for their patience,” they said.  Tags TV and Movies TVs Mobilelast_img read more

Fire service HQ control room inaccessible

first_img.Telephone numbers of the control room of Bangladesh Fire Service and Civil Defence’s headquarters have been remaining inaccessible for hours since Friday morning.Asked about the matter, the fire service director (operation and maintenance) major Shakil Newaz told Prothom Alo that fire service officials failed to reach the T&T office after the telephone communication was snapped.Shakil also claimed that not only the fire service numbers, but also all the telephone exchange numbers of the capital have become unreachable due to the disruption.He accused T&T office of remaining silent over the matter.last_img read more

Online Game Helps Fight the Spread of Fake News Study

first_img“Research suggests that fake news spreads faster and deeper than the truth, so combatting disinformation after the fact can be like fighting a losing battle,” said Sander van der Linden, the CDSMLab’s director. Read the whole story: The New York Times Results from the study of 15,000 users of the “Bad News” game, launched last year by the university’s Cambridge Social Decision-Making Lab (CDSMLab), showed it was possible to train the public to be better at spotting propaganda. An online game that allows people to deploy Twitter bots, photo-shop evidence and incite conspiracy theories has proven effective at raising their awareness of “fake news”, a study from the University of Cambridge has found.last_img read more